Apple, Amazon, Tesla Lower in Premarket Trade; Pinduoduo Rallies
By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Monday, August 29th. Please refresh for updates.
- Technology and growth stocks including Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ), Amazon (NASDAQ:NASDAQ: AMZN ) and Tesla (NASDAQ:NASDAQ: TSLA ) were down around 1% hit by rising U.S. Treasury yields.
- Pinduoduo (NASDAQ: PDD ) shares rallied by 12.37% after the Chinese e-commerce company posted quarterly earnings that beat Wall Street expectations thanks in part to a recovery in consumer demand.
- Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ) stock dropped by 2.15% after KeyBanc cut its estimate for the chemical maker to "underweight" from "sector weight." Analysts at KeyBanc said they expect fourth quarter margins and earnings to approach trough or recession levels.
- Victoria's Secret & Co (NYSE: VSCO ) shares fell by 3.16% after UBS warned that it expects the lingerie maker to post a 36% decline in full-year earnings per share and remain below last year's levels due to macroeconomic headwinds related to inflation.
- Dell Technologies (NYSE: DELL ) shares dropped by 0.80% after the technology services company announced a halt to its operations in Russia. It had stopped activities in the country in February in the wake of the outbreak of the war in Ukraine.
- Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX ) shares moved lower by 1.02% after Bloomberg reported that the streaming video giant is considering charging $7 - $9 per month for its new ad-based subscription service.
- Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA ) shares decreased by 1.76% after the drugmaker's latest Covid-19 vaccine was approved by Swiss authorities.
- OLB Group Inc (NASDAQ: OLB ) stock rose 27.81%, adding to heavy gains made on Friday. The e-commerce merchant service provider recently posted H1 sales of $17.16M.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or