Global professional services firm Aon plc (NYSE: NYSE: AON ) has announced the appointment of Jeff Plein as the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the Asia-Pacific region, effective from September 11. Based in Singapore, Plein will report to Mindy Simon, Global Chief Operating Officer, and Anne Corona, Chief Executive Officer of Asia Pacific.
Plein joins Aon from Citibank, where he held the position of Managing Director, Asia Pacific Head of Securities Services Operations since 2018. His career also includes senior roles at Fullerton Fund Management, BlackRock (NYSE: BLK ) and Pacific Investment Management Company.
In his new role, Plein will work closely with regional and global teams to support growth and deliver a differentiated client experience. He will be responsible for the design and execution of all aspects of the Asia-Pacific operating model.
Anne Corona expressed her delight at welcoming Plein to Aon, citing his extensive experience in driving operational excellence. "His expertise will help further develop the world-class operations and technological capabilities that Aon delivers to our clients in the Asia-Pacific region," she said.
Mindy Simon added that Plein's extensive experience in investment management, banking, and the broader financial services sector would bring strong insights to their firm. "Jeff will help our firm continue to deliver innovative solutions as we help our clients to be better informed and better advised," Simon stated.
"The Asia-Pacific region presents significant opportunities for growth and innovation," said Plein on his appointment. "Working together with our colleagues, we will continue to leverage technology, data, and insights to deliver enhanced solutions and capabilities for our clients in the region."
Plein succeeds Bill Hooper, who has been appointed as Global COO of Commercial Risk Solutions and is set to relocate to the United Kingdom later this year.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.