Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) announced on Thursday that Anwiti Bahuguna, Ph.D., has been hired as Chief Investment Officer of Global Asset Allocation. This is a newly created role at the firm.
Bahuguna's appointment is seen as a strategic move by NTAM to strengthen its investment capabilities. She will oversee NTAM’s entire asset allocation effort and the firm’s asset allocation and multi-manager teams. Bahuguna will report directly to NTAM's Global Chief Investment Officer Angelo Manioudakis.
As a member of Northern Trust’s Investment Policy Committee, Bahuguna will be instrumental in the development of the firm’s asset allocation recommendations. "Increasingly, our clients are looking for holistic asset management solutions to their most complex investment challenges," Manioudakis said. "With the addition of such an accomplished investment professional to our team, I am confident we can continue meeting the evolving needs of investors."
Prior to joining NTAM, Bahuguna was head of U.S. multi-asset strategy at Columbia Threadneedle Investments, where she managed approximately $45 billion in assets under management. Her departure from Columbia Threadneedle in February led to Daniel Boncarosky, a senior portfolio manager with Columbia Threadneedle's global asset allocation team, assuming her title.
As of June 30, 2023, NTAM had $1.1 trillion in assets under management and its multi-asset and multi-manager portfolios had $125 billion in assets under management and assets under advisement.
Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ: NTRS ), NTAM's parent company, is a provider of wealth management, asset servicing, asset management and banking to corporations, institutions, affluent families and individuals. As of June 30, 2023, Northern Trust had assets under custody/administration of US$14.5 trillion, and assets under management of US$1.4 trillion.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.