Analysts remain bullish on this multibagger beverage stock with an upside potential of 24%
Varun Beverages Ltd. (VBL) is one of the largest franchisees of PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP ) globally. It is valued at Rs 85,000 crore and is involved in the production and distribution of a broad range of carbonated soft drinks, non-carbonated soft drinks, and packaged drinking water. Pepsi, Mirinda, Mountain Dew, and Tropicana Juices are some of the top brands sold by the company.
The shares of the beverage company fell as much as 5.86% to Rs 1,266.85 during the first half of the trading session on Thursday. However, the stock regained some of its losses and closed at Rs 1,306.15 per share, down 2.94% for the day.
In the last 12 months, the stock has surged giving a multi-bagger gain of 107% to its investors. Thus Rs 1,00,000 invested a year ago in the company would have become Rs 2,07,000 by now, resulting in profits of Rs 1,07,000 for the investors.
The management of the company is bullish on the Indian soft drinks market as it expects substantial growth led by a multitude of factors such as fast urbanization, rising income & expenditure levels, rural development, and electrification.
The analysts at the domestic brokerage firm Sharekhan by BNP Paribas (EPA: BNPP ) opinionated, “Management was optimistic about achieving strong revenue growth in the upcoming season as inventory created for the summer season has already been exhausted. This might lead to higher volume growth compared to the company’s near aspiration in Q1CY2023 and Q2CY2023.”
The company has plans to expand its capacity by 30% and distribution capabilities by 10% in the near future. Along these lines, the brokerage anticipates a revenue and PAT growth of 18% and 25% over the CY2022-CY2024E period.
Multiple brokerage firms have initiated positive ratings on the stock of VBL with varied price targets.
Among them, the analysts at Motilal Oswal (NS: MOFS ) Financial Services have provided a ‘buy’ call with a target of Rs 1,620 on the stock. This translates into a potential upside of 24% for the investors.
Written by Vikalp Mishra
The post Analysts remain bullish on this multibagger beverage stock with an upside potential of 24% appeared first on Trade Brains.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or