Amgen (AMGN) today announced exciting data from a study arm of the CodeBreaK 101 clinical trial, a Phase 1b study evaluating LUMAKRAS® (sotorasib) with carboplatin and pemetrexed in adult patients with KRAS G12C-mutated advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). These results were featured in an oral presentation at the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) 2023 World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) in
In patients treated in the first-line setting (n=20), the confirmed objective response rate (ORR) was 65%, with a 100% disease control rate (DCR) (95% CI: 83.2, 100). In assessable patients in the second-line setting (n=13), the ORR was 54%, with a DCR of 85% (95% CI: 54.6, 98.1). Among patients with protein ligand-1 (PD-L1) expression less than 1%, the ORR was 62% in the first-line setting and 50% in the second-line setting. With a median follow-up of 3.0 months, preliminary rapid and durable responses were observed. Progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) were immature.
"We are delighted to see the positive data from the global CodeBreaK 101 trial further validate our approach to move LUMAKRAS earlier within the treatment paradigm through novel therapeutic combinations," said
The LUMAKRAS plus chemotherapy combination reported treatment-related adverse events (TRAEs) consistent with LUMAKRAS and other platinum doublet-based approaches. The most common TRAEs were neutropenia/neutrophil count decrease (53%), anemia (39%) and thrombocytopenia/platelet count decrease (37%). No fatal adverse events occurred.
"Combination treatment is an important approach to prevent or delay the onset of drug resistance and improve the depth and durability of targeted response in KRAS G12C-mutated NSCLC," said
Based on these results, Amgen has initiated a Phase 3 study of LUMAKRAS plus carboplatin and pemetrexed in first-line KRAS G12C-mutant and negative for programmed cell death PD-L1 advanced NSCLC (CodeBreaK 202; NCT05920356), with enrollment expected to start before the end of 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.