HSBC initiated coverage of 11 U.S. biopharmaceutical and healthcare stocks in a note to clients on Wednesday.
Analysts assigned Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc (NYSE: ATNM ), Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN ), Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB ), Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE ), IQVIA Holdings (NYSE: IQV ), and Zoetis (NYSE: ZTS ) with Buy ratings, while Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ), LivaNova plc (NASDAQ: LIVN ), UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH ), and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH ) were started at Hold. The analysts also assigned Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD ) a Reduce rating.
The analysts told investors in his note that the stocks assigned a Buy rating are differentiated with drivers they believe will create long-term value.
"The risk-reward look attractive for those with revenue opportunities and low exposure," the analysts wrote. "We believe Amgen (Buy) and Biogen (Buy) look attractive as they transform their businesses."
"In contrast, we think Gilead's (Reduce) HIV division is too dominant to allow its oncology division to make a meaningful long-term impact despite strong growth."
The analysts also say they expect Bluebird Bio and Actinium Pharma to perform well as "both companies are about to launch new products that should allow them to turn profitable," while IQVIA and Zoetis are "set to benefit from strong structural demand."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.