By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Early cues indicate that Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 are expected to open positive today. Nifty 50 Futures in Singapore are trading up 0.53% as of this report signalling a gap-up opening for markets today.
All eyes will be on Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) today, as India’s largest carmaker is scheduled to release its results for Q1 FY22. Sales are expected to fall by 25-30% sequentially as the impact of the second pandemic wave becomes clear. Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) and United Breweries Ltd. (NS: UBBW ) are the other major companies which are scheduled to release earnings today.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has joined the RBI and S&P is revising downwards its forecast for India’s GDP in FY22 to 9.5% as it took into account the economic impact of the second pandemic wave.
It will be another battle between the bulls and the bears in early trade as Nifty tries to cross the 15,900 mark. Market watchers will also be watching the outcome of the US Federal Reserve’s two-day meeting that will conclude after Indian market-hours today.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
your predication are quite wrong global ques are week how can nifty open in green . See the world market everything is on lower sideLike 3
this sets the tone for the rise in the next series as the july series is coming to an end on thursdayLike 0
9.5% is simply a joke they all wanna laugh at... it takes nothing to make such projections... will they be delivered is the true question... if they say india is likely to deliver 9.5%... then I am likely to be Batman.Like 4