By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Alicon Castalloy Ltd (NS: ALIO ), a leading integrated manufacturers of aluminum castings in India, has seen its share price move up almost 109% in 2021 so far.
The company reported its numbers for Q1 FY22. Total income came in at Rs 211.68 crore compared to Rs 53.66 crore in Q1 FY21. It reported a net loss of Rs 4.2 crore compared to a net loss of Rs 43.99 crore in Q1 FY21.
Rajeev Sikand, Group CEO, Alicon Castalloy said, “We have reported a resilient performance in the quarter despite challenges in the operating environment in India caused by the severe second wave. During this period, we witnessed subdued offtake by OEMs and other customers, which impacted our volumes, particularly in the months of April and May. However, as restrictions eased, there was a hint of a revival in June which has gained further traction in July. On the exports front, we reported a strong sustained growth led by continued demand in key geographies.
Sharekhan is bullish on the stock and has a target of Rs 1,056 with a buy call. It said, “Q1 FY2022 results were below expectations, marred by lower sales and higher-than-expected contraction in EBITDA margin. However, the company continues to grow its order book strongly. We have increased our earnings estimates by 29.2% and 28% for FY2022E and FY2023E, respectively, to build in the company's multi-year order wins and increased share of high-margin machined components.”
Alicon Castalloy was also one of the top small-cap stocks bought by mutual funds in July.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.