Alaska Air Group (ALK) provided an update for Q3, saying over the past several weeks, fuel prices have increased considerably, driving a downward revision to adjusted pre-tax margin expectations for the quarter.
The company now expect economic fuel cost per gallon to be approximately $3.15 to $3.25 and adjusted pre-tax margin to be 10% to 12% for Q3 2023.
Meanwhile, the company operation continues to perform at an exceptionally high level and throughout peak summer flying our completion rate reached record levels during July and August. We also executed a market wage rate adjustment for our pilots, effective September 1, 2023 as part of the agreement originally reached in October 2022. Inclusive of this impact, the company is revising CASMex guide to the better end of its range, which they now expect to be down 1% to 2% for Q3 2023.
Regarding revenue, close-in booking strength continued through August, however, the tragic fires that occurred on Maui have resulted in cancellations to the island as the community works to recover. Given these offsetting impacts, the company is tightening its revenue guide to up 1% to 2%, with the midpoint unchanged from the original guidance.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.