New Delhi, Nov 28 (IANS) Bharti Airtel (NS: BRTI ) on Monday announced the launch of its cutting-edge 5G services in Patna.
The Airtel 5G services are currently operational at Patna Sahib Gurudwara, Patna Railway Station, Dak Bungalow, Maurya Lok, Bailey Road, Boring Road, City Centre Mall, Patliputra Industrial Area and a few other select locations.
Airtel said it will augment its network making its services available across the city in due course of time.
"Airtel customers can now experience ultrafast network and enjoy speeds upto 20-30 times faster than the current 4G speeds. We are in the process of lighting up the entire city which will allow customers to enjoy superfast access to High-definition video streaming, gaming, multiple chatting, instant uploading of photos and more," said Anupam Arora, CEO of Bharti Airtel, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha.
Airtel 5G Plus services will be available to customers in a phased manner as the company continues to construct its network and complete the roll out.
Customers with 5G enabled devices will enjoy a high-speed Airtel 5G Plus network at no extra cost until the roll out is more widespread.
Last week, Airtel launched its 5G services in Guwahati.
5G services have also kicked off in Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri, Nagpur and Varanasi.
Earlier this month, Bharti Airtel said it crossed the one million unique 5G user mark on its network, as the telecom operator rolls out 5G services in a phased manner.
There will be no need to change the SIM as the existing Airtel 4G SIM is 5G enabled.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.