By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- 2021 has been a great year for IPOs. There have been three companies, Indigo Paints Pvt Ltd (NS: INDG ), G R Infraprojects Ltd (BO: GINF ) and Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt Ltd (NS: TATV ) who have closed day one at over 100%. Then there were companies like Zomato Ltd (BO: ZOMT ) that zoomed to over 50% of their listing price on day one.
In the midst of all this, there was one company, Craftsman Automation Ltd (NS: CRAF ), which closed at Rs 1,435, a discount of 4% to its issue price of Rs 1,490. Craftsman is the largest player in India in the machining of highly engineered and critical engine parts for the auto industry.
However, things might be changing with respect to Craftsman. Investors who had faith in the company, and held on to the shares have seen an increase of 35% in its stock price. The company closed July 30 at Rs 2,009.9, an increase of 18% since its closing price of Rs 1,706.95 on May 31.
Brokerage firm LKP Securities has given a buy call on the stock with a target price of Rs 2,740. “The effect of BS-VI, with respect to value addition, is yet to reflect in revenues and we expect this to be seen in the next two years. This will lead to an increase in realizations due to additional content of 25-40%. In the case of exports, we believe that due to reduction in investments by European and North American foundries and China’s rise in labour costs should benefit India, and in turn Craftsman from likely outsourcing of foundry and machine operations," LKP Securities said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.