by Daniel Shvartsman
Investing.com - Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte SAB de CV (NASDAQ: OMAB ) announced the approval of a special dividend meeting at their shareholder meeting yesterday. The approval is for a dividend of up to 4,370 million Pesos, or Ps 11.20/share, the equivalent to about $4.30/share for the ADRs that trade in the U.S. This compares to a share price of $52.84/share in the U.S. and Ps 136.50 in Mexico (Grupo Aeroportuario Del CentroNorte (MX: OMAB )).
“Our cash position and our strong cash generation, which is the result of a continued improvement in our passenger traffic levels, as well as the strong performance in our non-aeronautical activities; and the solid balance sheet, reinforce our positive perspectives for the Company going forward, and we believe we can add more value to our shareholders through this special dividend distribution”, said Ricardo Dueñas, OMA’s Chief Executive Officer.
The board of directors will decide ultimately on the date and specifics of the payment, though the press release points out that a payment of the full Ps 11.20/share would lead to a 12.2% trailing 12 months yield at Tuesday's closing price.
This comes as travel stocks remain in watch with the cross-currents of reopening and restrictions related to Omicron. Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte has yet to recover to 2019 passenger levels, though as per the decision and the press release, they appear confident in their position. The press release stated that the company believes, "that the special dividend will allow the Company to 1) reduce its cost of capital, 2) provide a more adequate return on capital, as measured by net income divided by shareholders’ equity, 3) achieve a more efficient capital structure, and 4) continue to provide adequate returns to shareholders."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.