New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) With the current procurement of wheat and rice, adequate food grains stock in Government granaries is maintained.
The combined stock position of wheat and rice in India is at a comfortable level and stands at 570 lakh metric tonnes (LMT), official sources said.
They added that the stock is enough to meet all requirements of food grains.
Paddy procurement by the Centre during the kharif marketing season 2022-23 has progressed smoothly, as more than 830 LMT has been procured for the central pool up till June 19, under minimum support price (MSP) operations.
Rice delivery against the procured paddy is also in progress and against the procurement of 830 LMT paddy, around 401 LMT rice has been received in the central pool till June 19 with another 150 LMT yet to be received.
Wheat procurement during the ongoing Rabi Marketing Season (RMS) 2023-24 has also progressed smoothly, sources said.
The progressive procurement of wheat in the current season upto June 19 is 262 LMT which is well above last year's total procurement of 188 LMT by 74 LMT.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.