By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of Adani Transmission (NS: ADAI ) hit a 5% lower circuit at Rs 871.4 apiece in Friday’s intraday trade, while those of Adani Total Gas (NS: ADAG ) were locked in a 5% lower circuit at Rs 812.3 apiece in the session after the two stocks were dropped from the MSCI Global Standard Index on Friday.
The adjustment in the May index review will take place on May 31, 2023.
The exit of the two large-cap Adani Group stocks from the MSCI index is expected to trigger an outflow of nearly $390 million or Rs 3,200 crore.
Adani Transmission’s drop from the MSCI Global Standard Index is expected to lead to an outflow of $201 million, and that of Adani Total Gas is anticipated to account for a $186 million of exodus from the index, as per a Nuvama report.
The leading mobile tower installation stock Indus Towers (NS: INUS ) will also be excluded from the MSCI Global Standard Index in May.
The addition of these three stocks are expected to bring in an influx of a total $665 million.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.