Shares of Adani Group's energy companies saw a significant surge today, with the S&P BSE Power index reaching an intra-day high, driven by investor optimism over rising power demand linked to economic improvements. Adani Green Energy (NS: ADNA ) Ltd (AGEL) was particularly notable, hitting an upper circuit limit with a two-day gain of 31%, trading at Rs 1,348 (Rs 1 = $0.012). Adani Energy Solutions and Adani Power (NS: ADAN ) also experienced robust intra-day advances.
The rally comes as AGEL announced a substantial funding initiative of $1.36 billion aimed at supporting construction financing for the development of the world's largest renewable energy (RE) park in Khavda, Gujarat. This strategic move is expected to significantly bolster the company's capacity in the renewable sector.
In the broader context of the Indian power sector, analysts from ICICI Securities (NS: ICCI ) have highlighted NTPC (NS: NTPC )'s recent performance, marking a new high on BSE amid plans for an ambitious addition to its renewable capacity. This expansion is projected to drive EBITDA and profit after tax (PAT) growth at an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 16% from financial year (FY) 2023 through FY25.
India's push towards infrastructure development is anticipated to further escalate electricity consumption. This outlook aligns with forecasts by S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI ) Ratings, which predicts that India will experience GDP growth of 7% in FY26-27 and ascend to become the third-largest global economy by 2030.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.