Adani Enterprises Crashes 35% on Friday, Hits 52-Wk Low for Day-2
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- In a catastrophic development on Friday, shares of the flagship company of Adani Group, Adani Enterprises (NS: ADEL ) crashed 35% during the intra-day trade in the morning session, nosediving to a new 52-week low of Rs 1,017.45 apiece.
The mega-cap stock hit a 52-week low for the second straight session on Friday, as a merciless rout continued across all Adani Group stocks to the seventh straight session, eroding almost $120 billion from their combined market valuation.
Adani Enterprises will also be eliminated from the widely used S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, coming into effect from Feb 7, 2023, following a media and stakeholder analysis triggered by allegations of accounting fraud’, Dow Jones index said in a statement.
The domestic bourse National Stock Exchange has added three Adani Group stocks under the Short-Term Additional Surveillance Measure (ST-ASM) Stage I framework, with effect from Feb 3, 2023, to keep a check on short-selling.
Adani Enterprises, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (NS: APSE ) and Ambuja Cements (NS: ABUJ ) have been put to the ASM framework by NSE, which holds those securities that come into the limelight on accounts of price fluctuation, volatility, and volume variance, among others.
Read Also: NSE Adds 3 Adani Stocks Under ASM Framework on Feb 3: What Does it Mean?
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or