New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) The India tablet market grew 68 per cent year-on-year (YoY) and 5G tablet shipments grew 71 per cent YoY in the second quarter (Q2) of this year, a report said on Wednesday.
According to Cybermedia Research (CMR), the shipment of tablets with an eight-inch display constituted 78 per cent of the overall shipments in the Indian market. On the other hand, tablets with 10-inch and above displays contributed to 227 per cent of the YoY shipments.
"Driven by the 5G rollouts in the near future, we foresee an impetus in 5G tablet shipments in the tablet market, similar to the trends observed in the 5G smartphone market," Menka Kumari, Analyst-Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CMR, said in a statement.
"The gradual opening-up of the Indian economy is translating to a growth in the commercial tablet business," Kumari added.
The report also mentioned that the 4G tablet market registered 65 per cent YoY growth.
The value for money tablets in the price range of Rs 10,000 - Rs 20,000 posted a stupendous sequential growth of 142 per cent in the second quarter of 2022.
"Driven by consumer and enterprise demand for new specialised use cases, such as intense gaming and productivity use cases, we foresee new hardware and software innovations, including larger tablet screen size, increased RAM, enhanced cameras, and battery amongst others," Kumari added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.