5 Stock Prices Have Risen up to 112% But Pledged Shares Are Between 23-83%
By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Promoters pledge their shares for a variety of reasons, it could be for personal expenses or to raise funds for new businesses or raise additional funds for the main business. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the whole industry and promoters may have been forced to pledge their shares to tide over the financial impact of the pandemic.
Generally, when share prices of a stock go up, it gives promoters headroom to lower their pledged shares thank to the increase in valuation in their equity too. However, this time the pledged shares of promoters for certain companies continue to remain high, according to Primeinfobase.com.
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd. (NS: HZNC )
Share price on December 31, 2020: Rs 239.05
Share price on June 4, 2021: Rs 333.25
Percentage gain: 40%
Pledged share percentage: 22.83%
- Adani Power Ltd (NS: ADAN )
Share price on December 31, 2020: Rs 49.8
Share price on June 4, 2021: Rs 105.75
Percentage gain: 112%
Pledged share percentage: 28.6%
- Indus Towers Ltd (NS: INUS )
Share price on December 31, 2020: Rs 229.9
Share price on June 4, 2021: Rs 247.9
Percentage gain: 8%
Pledged share percentage: 40.26%
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (NS: JNSP )
Share price on December 31, 2020: Rs 266.45
Share price on June 4, 2021: Rs 397.9
Percentage gain: 49%
Pledged share percentage: 40.8%
- Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd (NS: RCSY )
Share price on December 31, 2020: Rs 674.25
Share price on June 4, 2021: Rs 1,195.25
Percentage gain: 77%
Pledged share percentage: 82.96%
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or