By Davit Kirakosyan
Investing.com -- Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest analyst cuts you may have missed since yesterday.
PacWest Bancorp downgraded to Neutral, shares plunge on potential sale talks
DA Davidson downgraded PacWest Bancorp (NASDAQ: PACW ) to Neutral from Buy after the bank confirmed it was in talks about strategic options, including a sale. As a result, shares plunged more than 50% yesterday.
InvestingPro users always know first. Start your free 7-day trial to get on board.
The news comes after Bloomberg reported that the bank has been weighing a range of strategic options amid concerns about its financial health.
Regional bank shares remain under pressure, with PacWest shares down more than 86% YTD. Currently, shares are trading more than 18% higher premarket.
Enviva double downgraded after outlook cut & dividend elimination
Truist Securities downgraded Enviva (NYSE: EVA ) to Sell from Buy and cut its price target to $10.00 from $40.00. Shares plunged more than 67% yesterday after the company slashed its full-year outlook and eliminated its quarterly dividend.
While the firm continues to see the long-term market for biomass as supportive, it believes that recent downtrends in Enviva’s margin profile coupled with continued production shortfalls and accounting complexities call into question the longer-term ability to drive growth/returns.
2 more downgrades
Needham downgraded SiTime (NASDAQ: SITM ) to Hold from Buy based on several reasons, including the reduction of numbers for the fourth quarter in a row, as well as low visibility into the true run-rate of consumption of SiTime's oscillators. Furthermore, the firm highlighted a lack of visibility into when inventories will clear and the amount of inventory left to clear.
Shares plunged more than 20% yesterday following Q1 earnings .
BofA Securities downgraded Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY ) to Neutral from Buy and cut its price target to $84.00 from $93.00 as long-term value drivers are "uncertain."
The company reported its Q1 results earlier this week, missing on EPS and revenue and tightening its 2023 guidance for Jakafi net product revenues.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.