By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Net profit is one of the best trackers of how a company’s growth potential. It tells investors whether the company is capable of generating enough profits from its sales, and whether the company is capable of keeping a handle on its operating costs and overheads.
The March quarter of 2021 threw up some very interesting numbers from corporate earnings. It was one of the best quarters of the last fiscal year, and most companies made a profit. However, there are a rare few who have created a lot of value for their shareholders. Here are three companies whose net profits have grown between 261%-495% in Q4 FY21:
- Bosch Ltd (NS: BOSH ): Bosch reported a net profit of Rs 482 crore. That’s a 495% increase in its numbers compared to Rs 81 crore in the corresponding period in 2020. Bosch has gained 9% since March 31, and is currently trading at Rs 15,370 as of this report.
- Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ): Bajaj Finserv reported a 404% increase in its net profit at Rs 979 crore for Q4 FY21 compared to Rs 194 crore in the corresponding period in FY20. The company has announced a dividend of Rs 3 a share. The stock has gained over 17% since March 31 and is currently trading at Rs 11,319.5.
- ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ): One of India’s largest private sector banks has reported a 261% increase in net profit at Rs 4,403 crore compared to Rs 1,221.4 crore in FY20. The number, while impressive, still missed analyst estimates. The stock has gained almost 9% since March 31, and is currently trading at Rs 632.6.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.