By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Buying shares of companies that pay regular dividends are a great of ensuring passive income. Dividend stocks are generally well-established companies with a good track record of distributing profits to shareholders. They are great stocks to buy into because they give the dual benefits of regular income plus capital appreciation, albeit on the slower side.
Dividend stocks are generally viewed as safe stocks. There could be times when companies don’t pay dividends due to contractions in profits or instances like the COVID-19 pandemic but some companies are able to stand calamities like these as well. Here are 3 stocks that have a forward dividend yield of over 5% and have been consistent dividend-payers for at least the last five years:
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd. (NS: HZNC )
Dividend payout for FY21: Rs 21.3
Closing price on June 7: Rs 339.65
Dividend yield: 6.27%
Hindustan Zinc has reaped the benefits of the massive rally in global metal prices, and this has helped the company weather the COVID storm and sustain its dividend payout.
- ITC Ltd (NS: ITC )
Dividend payout for FY21: Rs 10.75
Closing price on June 7: Rs 211.45
Dividend yield: 5.08%
ITC is a stock that divides investors over it being a good investment or no but nobody can deny that it is one of the best dividend paymasters on the stock exchanges.
- REC Ltd (NS: RECM )
Dividend payout for FY21: Rs 11
Closing price on June 7: Rs 153.65
Dividend yield: 7.15%
This navratna company finances and promotes rural electrification projects across India. It is also a handsome dividend payer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Accumulate REC ...at 142 levels...Like 0
Very Good value Research.Like 0
I prefer ITC out of this; based on valuationJust my view; pls dont consider this as advisoryLike 7
Thanks for informationLike 1