By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Two new stocks have been added to the Futures and Options (F&O) ban list for trade by the National Stock Exchange on Aug 8, 2022, taking the total to three stocks.
While the tractors manufacturer Escorts (NS: ESCO ) continues to remain under the F&O ban list on Monday, the gaming and hospitality stock Delta Corp (NS: DELT ) and the leading sugar manufacturer Balrampur Chini are the two fresh additions to the list.
Two of the three stocks under the F&O ban list for today are among the ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio stocks, namely Escorts and Delta Corp.
The three securities have exceeded 95% of the market-wide position limit (MWPL), thereby banned for trade under the futures and options segment in the day, and shall continue remaining on the list until their positions fall below 80%.
While on the Futures and Options ban list, no new/fresh F&O positions can be bought or sold for the stock(s), else that trader gets penalised. Traders with existing positions in that security can unwind their positions.
Moreover, the market-wide position limit is set by the stock exchanges.
The NSE directs all clients/members to trade in the derivative contracts of the aforementioned securities only to decrease their positions through offsetting positions.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.