By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Bad loans might be going up and asset quality is getting more stretched but Axis Securities believes that some banks still holding the potential to move up. Here are 3 bank stocks that Axis Securities believes have a 15-16% upside.
- ICICI Bank Ltd (NS:
): The bank closed at Rs 702.45 today, down 1.71%. Axis Securities believes the bank is among the best bets in the banking sector and has a target of Rs 810 on it. This is an upside of over 15%. Axis Securities says that higher provisioning on one end and a growing loan book on the other make this stock a favored pick.
- State Bank Of India (NS:
): The bank closed at Rs 441.95 today, down 3.28% after the possibility of a Vodafone Idea (NS:
) collapse looks likely. However, Axis Securities believes that this is still the best pick among public sector banks. Its improved asset quality has led the brokerage to give it a target price of Rs 510, a potential upside of over 15%.
- Federal Bank Ltd. (NS: FED ): The bank’s increasing retail focus, solid provisioning and adequate capitalization make it an easy pick for the brokerage. The stock closed at Rs 85.95 today, and Axis Securities has given it a target of Rs 100, an upside of over 16%. The brokerage expects the bank’s valuation to improve from current levels if the focus on asset quality doesn’t waver.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
What is theuseof these recommendations? Who is getting benefits from these recommendations? Banks are teading against us retailers then why would they share correct i formation with us?Like 1
you are right sbi shares will definitely go up bcoz of VI loans. 👍Like 1
don't know why Federal Bank is recommended.. but every time it doesn't reach to target by callsLike 5
sbi may fall due to VI loansLike 2
sbi may fall due to VI loansLike 3
I like BOBLike 2
bob will blasttt...Like 1
Union bank is in. much favorLike 1
Not at current level .Like 1
better recommendationsLike 1
will never invest in all three in near termLike 2
having all 3 in portfolio.Like 1
having all 3 in portfolio. 😅Like 1
Federal Bank appears to be one of the most recommended one but only recommeneded. But people who recommend appear to hesitate while investing. Hence Federal Bank has remained under performer for quite some time.Like 1
federal bank 👍Like 0