Lucknow, May 24 (IANS) The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh will provide employment to over 26,000 youth in a week through 'Mega Job Fairs'.
Under Mission Rozgar, 'Mega Job Fairs' are being held in 14 divisional headquarters of Uttar Pradesh from May 23. Over 26,000 youth will get employment in these job fairs.
According to the government spokesman, in the rozgar melas being organised in urban and rural areas, the youth having a technical education background and otherwise will be provided job placements.
More than 315 companies are invited to employment fairs and representatives of various companies in the fairs will provide employment opportunities to jobless youth.
In the job fair organised at Gorakhpur on Monday, as many as 1,406 candidates were provided employment through about 24 companies, including prominent ones like L&T (NS: LART ) and Ashok Leyland (NS: ASOK ).
The job fairs will be held in Ayodhya and Basti on Wednesday, followed by job fairs in Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Jhansi on Thursday. The job fairs will be held till May 30 at various locations in the state.
The objective of such employment fairs is to provide a platform to communicate between the employers and the youth who want to get employed. Through such fairs skilled youth, local youth, children of farmers will get employment opportunities in a hassle-free manner.
The state government is also mulling to make the 'family card' of each family in the state to fulfil its commitment of giving employment or self-employment opportunities to at least one person in every family in the next five years.
In the last five years, under various schemes of self-employment of the Yogi government, work has been done to connect about three crore people with employment.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.