Ahmedabad, June 25 (IANS) On Adani (NS: APSE ) Group Chairman Gautam Adanis 60th birthday, a record 14,000 Adani employees donated blood at various locations across the country.
Every year on Chairman's birthday, the Adani Foundation organises a voluntary blood donation drive in line with the Adani Group's philosophy of serving the nation and its people in multiple ways.
The Adani Foundation's blood donation drive collected 14,000 blood units, which is almost 5,000 units more than the volume collected last year. Blood donation centres were arranged at 152 locations in 115 cities covering 20 states across India.
More than 138 blood banks were engaged in collecting the donated blood. This massive nationwide blood donation drive came just a day after the Adani Family committed Rs 60,000 crore to support a range of social causes.
This corpus to be administered by the Adani Foundation will be utilised for charitable activities, especially in the rural regions of the nation.
"It is heart-warming to see so many Adani employees come forward to donate blood on the Chairman's birthday," said Priti Adani, Chairperson, Adani Foundation.
"The social work the foundation is doing, the commitment of Rs 60,000 crore for healthcare, education and skill development sectors by the Adani family, and the number of employees participating in the blood donation camps are all testimony to the belief and expectations of the younger generation in social causes as well as their support for the nation-building philosophy of the Adani Group. I feel proud and am thankful for the affection our people show towards us," Priti Adani added.
For patients facing medical emergencies, blood has no substitute. The collected blood is safely stored and preserved by designated agencies and will be made available to patients for emergency medical transfusions in a wide range of circumstances, including serious injuries, surgical procedures, blood disorders, cancer treatment, and many others.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.