trading range for the day is 82-82.26.
# Rupee traded in range as investors factored in the possibility of additional rate hikes by the Federal Reserve.
# India monetary tightening cycle not over, inflation remains a concern: RBI minutes
# Fed’s Harker said that "some additional tightening may be needed to ensure the policy is restrictive enough".
trading range for the day is 89.8-90.22.
# Euro dropped amid heightened economic uncertainties
# ECB’s Lane joined a chorus of Eurozone central bankers supporting an interest rate increase at the May meeting
# Eurozone Manufacturing PMI fell to 45.5 in April of 2023 from 47.3 in March, below forecasts of 48.
trading range for the day is 101.25-102.39.
# GBP dropped after economic data showed British consumers are buckling under the pressure of inflation.
# Retail sales in the United Kingdom fell more than expected
# The S&P Global/CIPS UK Services PMI increased to 54.9 in April 2023.
trading range for the day is 61.21-61.59.
# JPY remained supported after Japan’s core inflation remained well above the central bank’s target in March
# Japan’s inflation, will fall back below the central bank’s 2% target later in the year on decreased import costs.
# Japan services sector expands for 8th month.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.