trading range for the day is 81.79-82.01.
# Rupee strengthened aided by a broad decline in the dollar ahead of the expected quarter-point rate hike by the Fed
# The Federal Reserve raised the fed funds rate by 25bps to a range of 5%-5.25%, marking the 10th increase
# India services PMI highest since 2010 and India composite PMI climbs to near 13-year high.
trading range for the day is 90.02-90.68.
# Euro gains as the ECB is expected to announce its seventh consecutive interest rate hike
# Euro zone banks slowed lending further in March, ECB says
# Euro zone banks tighten credit even as demand for it collapses – ECB.
trading range for the day is 101.91-102.79.
# GBP gains as data highlights a few bright spots in Britain's economy
# Investors focused more closely on the outlook for UK rates relative to others
# British factory output and new orders contracted at the start of the second quarter of 2023.
trading range for the day is 60.14-60.98.
# JPY gains as the dollar pulled back on growing recession fears and persistent concerns over the banking sector
# The BOJ said it will remove forward guidance that pledges to keep interest rates at current or low levels.
# The au Jibun Bank Japan Manufacturing PMI held at a six-month high of 49.5 in April 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.