Rupee Firms As Fed Hints Hiking Cycle Near Its End
trading range for the day is 81.87-82.69.
# Rupee firms as Fed hints hiking cycle near its end
# ‘Indian economy likely to keep the pace of expansion’: We’re optimistic about India, whatever the odds, says RBI
# The Fed softened its language on future rate hikes, amid the banking crisis in the United States
trading range for the day is 89.12-89.9.
# Euro gains as concerns of instability in European banks momentarily waned and improved financial conditions in the currency bloc
# ECB President Lagarde said that inflation remains far too high and that a robust strategy going forward is essential.
# The central bank raised its key rates by 50bps in its March meeting, adding to 350bps in rate hikes since the start of its tightening campaign.
trading range for the day is 100.66-101.8.
# GBP steadied after fresh CPI data showed both headline and core inflation in the UK unexpectedly accelerated in February
# The Bank of England raised its key bank rate by 25bps to 4.25% during the March 2023 meeting, in line with expectations
# UK producer inflation eases to a 12-month low
trading range for the day is 62.23-63.35.
# JPY gained as dollar as the Federal Reserve delivered a widely expected 25 basis point rate hike
# The Reuters Tankan sentiment index for manufacturers in Japan stood at -3 in March 2023, improving from February
# Minutes from the Bank of Japan’s meeting showed members reiterated the need to maintain ultra-easy policies.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or