trading range for the day is 81.72-82.18.
# Rupee ended lower as investors squared off their short dollar positions ahead of key rate decisions by the Fed and ECB.
# India central bank likely buying dollars to absorb inflows
# India’s unemployment rate surged to a four-month high in April.
trading range for the day is 89.67-90.39.
# Euro dropped as Euro zone factory activity contracted further last month.
# The HCOB Germany Manufacturing PMI was revised slightly higher to 44.5 in April of 2023 from an initial 44
# Retail sales in Germany unexpectedly contracted 2.4% month-over-month in March of 2023.
trading range for the day is 101.96-102.62.
# GBP gains as investors anticipated the Bank of England's 25bps rate hike at its May meeting.
# UK Manufacturing PMI was revised higher to 47.8 in April 2023
# The Nationwide House Price Index in the UK dropped by 2.7 percent from a year earlier in April 2023.
trading range for the day is 59.61-60.17.
# JPY dropped as the Bank of Japan maintained its ultra-easy monetary policy
# The BOJ said it will remove forward guidance that pledges to keep interest rates at current or low levels.
# The au Jibun Bank Japan Manufacturing PMI held at a six-month high of 49.5 in April 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.