Earnings per share or simply EPS is a metric used to measure how much a company is earning for every issued share. High EPS companies are always preferred by investors and if you are looking for such companies from the blue-chip Nifty 50 index, here’s a list of the top 3.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) is the largest passenger vehicle manufacturer in India with a market capitalization of INR 2,62,617 crores. It reported a 2.1% QoQ decline in Q3 FY23 revenue to INR 29,954.4 crores, however, due to improved EBITDA margins net profit rose 13.2% QoQ to INR 2,391.5 crores. It is one of the very few large caps that more than doubled their net income in this quarter on a YoY basis.
The EPS for the reported quarter is INR 79.17, higher than INR 69.93 in the previous quarter and the highest among all the Nifty 50 companies in Q3 FY23. The current P/E ratio of Maruti Suzuki India stands at 67.69.
Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) is a large-cap pharmaceutical company with a market capitalization of INR 74,327 crores. The company’s revenue in Q3 FY23 jumped 7.33% QoQ to INR 6,854.5 crores while net income surged 11.6% QoQ to INR 1,243.9 crores. As of the latest filings, FIIs hold a decent 37.82% stake in the company, one of the highest amongst all large caps.
The EPS for the reported quarter stands at INR 74.91, higher than 67.13 in the preceding quarter, making it secure the second spot on this list. The P/E ratio of the stock is 34.06, at par with the sector’s average of 33.49.
Nestle India Limited
Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) is a well-known FMCG giant with brands such as Nescafe, KitKat, Munch, Maggie etc., having a market capitalization of INR 1,81,483 crores. The company’s revenue for Q3 FY23 declined 7.4% to INR 4,286.34 crores and consequently, net income fell 5.05% to INR 628.06 crores. It also declared a final dividend of INR 75 per share, the ex-dividend date of which is 21 April 2023.
The EPS for the reported quarter declined to INR 65.14, compared to INR 68.61, but still made it the third highest EPS clocker from the Nifty 50 list. It is trading at a P/E ratio of 75.92, making it a bit overvalued when looking at the sector's average of 47.43 but market leaders almost always trade at a premium valuation.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
☘️💦💡☯️💦I lost alot of money with online scammers, till I get to know ꈼs̶↦ꈼo̶↦ꈼp̶↦ꈼh̶↦ꈼi̶↦ꈼe̶↦↦+++ꈼr̶↦ꈼe̶↦ꈼc̶↦ꈼo̶↦ꈼv̶↦ꈼe̶↦ꈼr̶↦ꈼy̶↦↦+++ꈼt̶↦ꈼr̶↦ꈼa̶↦ꈼd̶↦ꈼe̶↦ꈼr̶↦ on ( I G ) which helps me recover back my los from them I thanks her alot so if you have been🖕🍀🍂 into that same victim before pls sms her now for help🆔🆔✝️🥀☘️💡Like 1
when is nmdc giving dividend?Like 1