About the company:
HeidelbergCement (DE: HEIG ) India Ltd (NS: HEID ) is a subsidiary of Heidelberg Cement Group, Germany. The latter entered India in 2006 and has consistently pursued its strategy of growth in developing markets. The Group acquired majority stakes in Mysore Cements and Cochin Cements and the Indorama Cement joint venture, later converted to a complete acquisition in 2008. The stock is trading at a discount of 7.4% from the all-time high / 52- week high level. The 52-week high and 52-week low range is Rs 285 – Rs 174.
One-week time frame: (Fig 1)
On a weekly time frame, HCIL scrip broke an important neckline of Rs 214 in Dec 2020 and consolidated going forward. Since then, it has tested a resistance level of Rs 245 multiple times. In June 2021, the share broke this resistance level and touched a high of Rs 285. Afterwards, the stock has consolidated, and Rs 245 level is a strong support level now. Currently, the scrip is trading in Ascending Triangle channel. The share’s Relative Strength Index (or RSI) is above 60, indicating positive momentum. We expect the scrip to move higher, supported by good volumes. A long-term investor should enter once the stock breaks and stays above Rs 265. You should maintain the stop loss at Rs 243 on a weekly closing basis. Our view will negate this level.
One day time frame: (Fig 2)
We can see that the scrip has taken support on the 50-day EMA line on a daily time frame. We can also see that the share is moving in an Ascending Channel and is currently close to the lower end of the channel. We expect the stock to take support at current levels and move higher. Above 50 levels of RSI indicates positive momentum. Positional traders should enter at the current level with a strict stop loss of Rs 254 on a daily closing basis.
We expect the stock to maintain positive bias and head higher. Short-term traders should enter at the current level and keep a strict stop loss of Rs 261 on a daily closing basis.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.