Profit Booking (NASDAQ:
) Is Seen At Higher Levels In
, Investors Are Advised To Stay Cautious While Making Fresh Buy
Stock Market Today – 17th August 2020
Some sort of Profit booking has been observed in Indian market in the last trading session as Nifty came down from 11366 to make a low of 11111. The Small Cap Index also corrected more than 100 points from its day high of 5475 to make a low of 5328. If Nifty breaks its previous day low of 11111 and trades below that level, then the next target of the Index will be 10882, which is the next weekly support of Index. Investors should stay cautious while making fresh buy position in the market and should concentrate on stocks with good top line and bottom line growth in June 20 Results compared to those of June 19.
Nifty opened at 11248 today, on its previous trading day the index had made a high of 11366 and closed at 11178. Indian Cash Market Index, Nifty Small Cap opened at 5431 today, which is above its previous trading day’s close of 5369. The major players of the market FII & PRO together hold a net position of (-) 107654 contracts in Index Option as on 14th August 2020. Markets are trading with “Sell-Bias” but can switch to “Sell” or “Sell Bias” quickly.
To get in-depth knowledge and details about Nifty Open Interest, subscribe to our app Value Stocks or the website www.valuestocks.in.
On the Global front, the US Index, S&P 500 (futures) opened at 3370 today. Hong Kong Benchmark Index, Hang Seng opened at 25265 today, more than 80 points above its previous trading day’s close of 25183. The Japan Benchmark Index, Nikkei opened at 23186 today, on its previous trading day the Index had made a day high of 23338 and closed at 23289.
The US 10 Year T-Note is trading at 139.20. The Bond has crucial support at 117.42 made on 5th Nov 2018. The US Dollar Index is trading at 92.998.
Major Sector Performance as on last week
Minor Sector Performance as on last week
Large Cap Gainers and Losers as on last week
Mid Cap Gainers and Losers as on last week
Small Cap Gainers and Losers as on last week
There is no guarantee of profits or no exceptions from losses. The investment advice provided is solely the personal views of the research team. You are advised to rely on your judgment while investing/ Trading decisions. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns. Investment is subject to market risks. You should read and understand the Risk Disclosure Documents before trading/Investing.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.