Portfolio: 3 Nifty 50 Stocks with 'Highest' FIIs' Interest!
The relentless selling in the small-cap and midcap spaces is jittering market participants. The reason many portfolios are facing the heat is they probably lack the necessary weightage toward blue chip companies. Looking at the Nifty 50 index, one can see the relevance of having these big and stable businesses in their portfolios as they tend to show more reliance during tough times.
If you are confused about which stocks to watch out for, here are 3 Nifty 50 stocks that are the favorites of FIIs.
Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd
Housing Development Finance Corporation (NS: HDFC ) is a housing finance company, having a market capitalization of INR 4,69,177 crores and is soon going to be merged with HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ). The company is sitting on record revenue of INR 1,54,038.45 crores (TTM) and a net profit of INR 24,995.84 crores. On top of this, it is trading at a very lucrative TTM P/E ratio of 18.77.
As per the recent shareholding pattern, FIIs hold a mammoth 67.22% controlling stake in the company by December 2022 end, making it their favorite from the Nifty 50 list. No other large cap comes even close to this.
Axis Bank Limited
The next up on the list is Axis Bank (NS: AXBK ) which is a large-cap banking institution, with a market capitalization of INR 2,58,406 crores. It has been growing its net income at a 5-year CAGR of 29% which is quite impressive for a large bank. The bank is an inch away to achieve a record INR 1,00,000 crore revenue as its TTM figure stands at INR 99,029.89 crores.
It is also trading at a TTM P/E ratio of only 12.57. FIIs hold a high stake of 49.45%, falling short of 0.56% for the controlling stake in the bank. Nonetheless, it is the second-most favorite of FIIs in the blue-chip space.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Limited
Apollo Hospitals Enterprises (NS: APLH ) is a well-known hospital chain with a market capitalization of INR 61,588 crores. Just like the other stocks on the list, it is also sitting at a record revenue of INR 15,964.41 crores (TTM), however, profit margins are somewhat low, at 4.79%. Hence, despite higher revenues, the profits haven’t gone up proportionately, leading to a high TTM P/E ratio of 80.54.
FIIs hold a stake of 47.94% in the company, down from 52.41% in December 2021, but in the same period, mutual funds have ramped up their interest from 6.64% to 10.2%.
If you want to learn more about how astute investors such as Warren Buffet invest, then Investing.com is hosting a free webinar for you on 29 March 2023 at 7:30 PM IST. You can find more details here:
Webinar: Where Should You Invest Right Now? Here’s Warren Buffett’s Advice
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Tomorrow market wayLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or