Ends The Week at 15699,
at 33627 - Is the Tide Changing? [24-6-22]
NIFTY O / H / L / C
15657.40/ 15749.25/ 15619.45/ 15699.25 [+142.60/+0.92%]
BANK NIFTY O / H / L / C
33434.80/ 33721.90/ 32390.25/ 33627.45 [+492.45/+1.49%]
India Vix 20.55/-1.58%
FII DII Data Not yet available
SGX Nifty @ 1705h Flat
TOP 5 CONTRIBUTORS OF NIFTY
TOP 3 CONTRIBUTORS OF BANK NIFTY
CHART BASED DETAILS & ANALYSIS IS GIVEN IN THIS VIDEO: https://youtu.be/MOAn8SuW4ds
The index heavyweights - the HDFC (NS: HDFC ) twins, Reliance (NS: RELI ), and ICICI Bank (NS: ICBK ) ended in the green and that is what helped the indices closed on a positive note.
Nifty has managed to close the week above & Bank Nifty above
The IT twins came under intense selling pressure and remained choppy throughout the day.
SUPPORTS & RESISTANCE LEVELS
Bank Nifty 32600-800
TRADING INSIGHTS & OBSERVATIONS
- The global cues were quite strong and the US Futures were also in the green therefore, the Nifty opened with a gap-up of 100 points. This was a welcome and refreshing change and it was good to see all the heavyweights except HDFC open in the green.
- Bank Nifty was leading the pack at the open and HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ) was the leader amongst the community and when it is at the forefront, the rest generally fall in line if there is no other cause of concern.
- And then as mentioned, Nifty was able to clear 15700 with relative ease as Reliance as well as HDFC also jumped up and made things good for Nifty. However, Reliance was very volatile and was unable to sustain the levels above 2500 after clearing the same in a spike.
- In such market conditions when the overall sentiment is bearish and a bullish session starts, there would always be some heavyweights who may not be able to sustain and the rest may be trying to move up or remain firm. Such price actions make it hard for Nifty to make newer highs and therefore, it tends to either move sideways or almost stall.
- Unfortunately, such instances give rise to situations where the FIIs would be willing to jump in and start pushing the prices on the downside. Their selling might and the picking of the hammering boy are generally such that the indices tend to give in.
- And soon after 1000h, that is what started happening as after making a high of 15749, Nifty started fading and then started falling as well. This was mainly on account of the IT twins who were in the red from the green zone and also on account of Reliance which fell from the high of 2511 to 2470 [as I write this line].
- And now, all eyes are on the FTSE open and then the weekly close theatrics that may be in store for us in the evening session. It is wait & watch for now.
- At the appointed time, FTSE opened in the green, but there was not much change in the way Nifty was behaving.- it was moving within a range of 75 points and even the Vix was not declining as the choppiness was intense.
- The reason for the choppiness was mainly on account of Reliance & Infosys (NS: INFY ). Last evening, Accenture (NYSE: ACN ) came out with the revenue guidance and it was not positive. This meant that our IT fraternity is also going to start weeping and the IT twins in particular did not disappoint.
- And this intense choppiness, Nifty was dragged below the opening low of 156650 and made a new low at 15619. This was just before FTSE had opened. Thereafter it went in for yet again range-bound moves as it was finding resistance around 15665 and in the last 90 minutes it started attempting to cross 15700 but there was an intense fight given by the bears around the level.
- It appeared to be a battle of nerves as after recovering from the lows, Reliance was fighting for 2500, HDFC, which was firm throughout the day had breached 2200 but had fallen back below the line and it was trying to sail past that, and Nifty was going up and down around the 15700 mark.
- Clearly, a close above 15700 on Nifty would be detrimental to the bears' interests, which is why the intense fight. Whereas the bears used Infosys, TCS (NS: TCS ), and Reliance to fight, the bulls used the banks as Bank Nifty was firm and comfortably placed above 33600.
- The week ended with the Nifty closing at 15699, and Bank Nifty closing at 33627. The most important question to ask is - has Nifty now formed a bottom at 15183?
Note: Posted purely for informational & educational purposes only.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
pre market sentiment help meLike 0
opening of Bank nifty on 4thjulyLike 0
opening of Bank nifty on 4thjulyLike 0
Until further updates, I will no longer be posting articles here. Thank you for your support till now. Much appreciated. 🙏🙏Like 0