Nifty Bank 9 Feb Expiry: Traders Looking at Massive ‘2,500-Point Range’!
The banking space did well in the last two sessions of the week, helping the banking benchmark index, Nifty Bank to rally 1,154 points for the week to close at 41,499.7. PSU banks took charge before ending the week as the Nifty PSU Bank index gained 3.07% to 3888.6, on Friday alone. It seems like investors are now gaining their lost confidence in the financial institutions as more details on their exposure to Adani Group are surfacing.
However, the beating that these banks have taken in the recent past is significantly more than the recovery so far. Looking at the price charts of these banking stocks, the ongoing recovery seems more of a bounce back from the oversold zones, rather than a new uptrend. However, from the short-term perspective, as the sentiments are becoming positive with still a downtrend, the index is expected to move in a range as the tussle between bulls and bears would continue for the next week, just like the Nifty 50 index.
Nifty also rallied 1.38% to 17854.05 on Friday, but still, the immediate resistance of 18,000 is intact. SGX Nifty took a breather and fell around 40 points to close exactly at 17,800 on account of a sell-off in the US markets. The buying spree from the bottom followed by selling pressure from the top end of the range is denoting a range-bound trend. The range analysis for the Nifty 50 index has been discussed in one of my earlier analyses, the link to which is at the bottom of this article.
Image Description: Daily chart of Nifty Bank (spot)
Image Source: Investing.com
Coming back to Nifty Bank, there had been a humongous volatility seen on the budget day as the index rallied to a high of 42,015.65 before dropping to a low of 39,490.5. That’s a massive 2,525-point high-to-low one-day range! As these levels are of a key event day (Budget 2023), their importance is relatively higher. This range hasn’t been broken yet on either side.
For the 9 February 2023 expiry, the resistance of the index is around 42,000, while for the support, investors can look at a demand zone of 39,400 - 39,500. This is a massive range and a difficult one to trade, but it is what it is. The extreme volatility has expanded the range of the index and increasing the stops while lowering the quantity is an apt way to go about in these conditions.
Read More: Nifty 50 Decouples from Adani Group Stocks; Here’s the Range to Trade!
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
SHOULD MOVE ABOVE 41589 THEN 41717,41783 BELOW 41307 TRGT 40710Like 1
It will test 41000 and it may go 41800 ! It adani issue clears it mat go above! All depends on pc ratio and position !!Like 2
I expect 42400 /42800 next week possibleLike 6
I think looking at 15 min chart the Nifty needs to correct 100 points before final take off towards 18050-18100. I don't see 18100 breaching before 15-20 feb 2023.Like 6
42000par sell karo 39000 par buy karoLike 4
sell in bank niftyLike 3
monday sir banknifty ce call can beLike 3
sir for Monday gap upLike 2
how can we trade banknifty on this expiryLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or