New-Age Small-Cap Hits 20% UC; Comes Back in Action!
While many new-age businesses have disappointed investors after their IPOs in 2021, things are turning around for most of them now. Zomato (NS: ZOMT ), Paytm (NS: PAYT ), Policy Bazaar, etc. are all reporting increasingly better earnings and MedPlus Health Services Ltd (NS: MEDP ) has also joined the league.
Talking about the company first, it is an online pharmacy & diagnostics business with a market capitalization of INR 8,213 crores and helps customers to access its products, bills and all health records through its online store, medplusmart.com and also has physical stores.
Image Description: Weekly chart of MedPlus Health Services with volume bars at the bottom
Image Source: Investing.com
As per yesterday’s Q4 FY23 earnings report, the company clocked a revenue of INR 1,266.68 crores and a net profit of INR 26.58 crores, translating into a profit margin of 2.1%, the highest in the last 6 quarters. On an annual basis, MedPlus Health Services clocked a record-high revenue of INR 4,603.66 crores, a 20.8% YoY jump.
It now has a strong network of 3,822 stores in 7 states with over 22K employees, making it the second-largest pharmacy network nationally. Its hyperlocal stores give it a competitive edge in fulfilling a 2-hour delivery with lower costs. It has over 640 pharma products to offer, covering both acute and chronic diseases and 242 non-pharma products.
The stock has also reacted to the positive earnings report with a 20% upper circuit to INR 827.7 as a buying frenzy kicked in as soon as the market opened. It crossed a key hurdle of INR 780 - INR 790 and the stock might now be done with its prolonged downtrend. Although it is up to investors to take a call on how long to hold their shares, the technical setup is pointing to around INR 950 in the next future. Today’s volume has also been astonishing as the NSE recorded a volume of 3.3 million shares, which is the third-highest one-day volume since the listing of the stock in December 2021.
Even if some profit booking takes place in the next couple of sessions, the gist of the analysis is that the prior downtrend has probably ended and it is less likely that MedPlus Health Services shares would retest their all-time low for the next few months, at least.
Read More: Breakout: 2 Small Caps that Went Crazy on Wednesday!
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
true from technical perspective...from fundamentals point of view, 50% shared pledged by promoter is a red signalLike 3
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or