Nasdaq Composite Rally Starts From Important Trend Line Support
New year, new start. Tech stocks are finally showing signs of life and stock market bulls couldn’t be happier.
And it couldn’t come at a better time.
Today's weekly chart of the Nasdaq Composite highlights this reversal of fortune and imparts some wisdom about trend lines and support.
As you can see, the Nasdaq has been in a 13-year rising trend; see its trend channel marked by each (1). It touched the top of this channel at (2) and began a steep decline into last year. More recently, however, it looks to have tested its 13-year rising trend support at (3), where it appears to have created a higher low.
Strength of late has the Nasdaq trading back above its 200-week moving average line. If this major tech index can hold above this moving average and trend support, it would be bullish for the market’s prospects this year. Stay tuned.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or