Midcap: After ‘74% Decline’, Bulls Looking for Mean Reversion!
The pharma space has shown a lackluster performance for a long time. After the fears over the Covid-19 pandemic faded, the entire pharma sector seemed to have faced severe liquidation from investors’ portfolios.
The Nifty Pharma index, which constitutes 20 pharmaceutical and life sciences companies with strong fundamentals has delivered a negative return of 13.3% in the last one year. In fact, the index fell to near a 2-year low on 14 March 2023 when it marked a bottom of 11,542.45. Investors looking to invest in the pharma space for the long term or even for short-term mean reversion might want to look for companies at these beaten-down levels.
Image Description: Daily chart of Gland Pharma with RSI at the bottom
Image Source: Investing.com
One stock from this sector that is catching attention on the street is Gland Pharma Limited (NS: GLAD ). The company has a market capitalization of INR 20,517 crores and holds a weightage of around 2.04% in the Nifty Pharma index. The stock fell by a whopping 74% from its all-time high of INR 4,350, marked on 12 August 2021 to an all-time low of INR 1,130 a few sessions back.
Some of the major reasons for this fall were the deteriorating financial performance on the back of headwinds in the US business with reduced off-take of products and supply chain destructions which resulted in production delays. Normalization of Covid-19-related sales was also a key factor that put a dent on revenue in the recent past.
On the other hand, there are several growth drivers which should not be ignored. China remains a key geographic focus of the company and it is in the advanced stages of regulatory review for a couple of products filed in China, and expects approvals very soon. It is also expanding its penetration in the rest of the world markets such as South Africa and Kazakhstan. At the current price of INR 1,280, the stock is currently trading at a TTM P/E ratio of 20.76, making it an attractive bet for investors.
On the charts, the stock seems to be bottoming out. One reason is the bullish divergence at the all-time low which is a bullish reversal sign. On its way up, the stock also surged past a short-term falling trendline resistance (as can be seen from the chart above). For short-term traders, a level of INR 1,400 can be looked at, above which, waiting for INR 1,550 might not be a bad idea.
Read More: Dividend Shopping List: Stocks to Watch out for, ‘with Levels’!
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
tomorrow more gap down market so buy position exitLike 0
sell titan 2519 target 2469 stbtLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or