About the company:
Established in 1982, Maruti Suzuki (NS: MRTI ) India Ltd is a joint venture between the Government of India and Suzuki Motor Corporation (or SMC) Japan. It became a subsidiary of SMC in 2002. The company is the market leader in the passenger vehicle segment in India. The stock is trading at an 11.85% discount to its 52- week high level. The 52-week high and 52-week low range is Rs 8,400 – Rs 6,301.
One-week time frame: (Chart 1)
On a weekly time frame, MSIL share is likely to form an Inverted Head and Shoulders pattern. The scrip has made an upward movement accompanied by higher volumes. Rs 7.500 remains as immediate resistance. The share is most likely to face strong resistance of Rs 7,750. We anticipate the company to break this resistance in the next couple of weeks. Relative Strength Index (or RSI) is above 55, and the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (or MACD) line crosses the signal line below. It signals a positive momentum on the stock. Long-term investors may enter at current levels. They should maintain a stop loss at Rs 6,590 (previous swing low) on a weekly closing basis.
One day time frame: (Chart 2)
On a daily time frame, from the below chart, you should observe that MSIL stock has been trading in a Falling Channel since June 25 this year. After making a low of Rs 6,600 on August 26, 2021, the stock consolidated and crossed over above the 50-day EMA line. Heavy volumes accompany this movement, and the RSI line is above 70, indicating positive momentum. Positional traders should enter on a pull-back and maintain a stop loss at Rs 6,742 on a daily closing basis.
We believe the Maruti Suzuki stock will maintain a positive bias and move higher in the subsequent trading sessions. Short-term traders should take a position at current levels and keep a strict stop loss of Rs 7,198 on a daily closing basis.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.