Reputation helps you create your market as well as retain your customers. Many people take stock purchasing as gambling, an illegal event in India, thus they shy away from investing in stocks. This is a myth and has kept common people away from the market for several reasons. In this blog, you’ll come to know about is stock market or study?
To understand why stock market investment is different from gambling, it is needed to review what it means to buy stocks. If you buy a share of common stock, you’ll have a part of ownership in that particular company. The purchase of the share would allow you to claim on assets and a fraction of the company’s profits.
In general, investors think that shares are only a trading vehicle, not the ownership of the company. In the share market, investors constantly put efforts to examine the profit that is left for shareholders. This is the reason prices of stocks fluctuate. If you are a competitive or expert investor, you would understand that with the change in business outlook, the future earnings of a company also changes.
If you have such share market tips, you would interpret the stock market in an intellectual way rather than creating a myth in your mind. Evaluating the value of a company in terms of stocks and shares is not an easy job. When you enter this market, you get encountered with several variables that the short-term cost looks random and as per academics, it is called the Random Walk Theory. Although in the long-term, a company would be as per the present value of the profits that it will make.
On the other hand, gambling is a zero-sum game i.e. it will take money from a loser and gives to the winner. In gambling, no value is ever made. When you invest in gambling, you improve the overall wealth of an economy. When companies compete in gambling, they actually enhance productivity and create products that would make our lives better. Remember, gambling and stock market are two different things and the share market investment never involves the process and results of gambling. Hope you find these tips usable for understanding the stock market in a better way.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.