NIFTY 50 EOD ANALYSIS 6-1-22
In this post, I talk about the analysis for the day and the trading range for tomorrow. The video discusses with the help of the charts how the indices as well as leading stocks performed during the day and their likely play tomorrow.
EOD -179.35 points / -1.00%
6-1-22 @ 1855h = +36
FII DII = Not yet available
CHART BASED CONCLUSIONS using 5 Minutes Chart
Nifty opened below 17800 and then kept drifting like a typical bearish wave and made a low of 17655 when it found some buying interest.
By then it was well past noon and then it made a slow recovery with a lot of wobbling but each such incident made a higher low and a higher high which helped it close the day above 17700.
Nifty has made a lower high and a lower low.
NIFTY WEIGHT LIFTERS & DRAGGERS
Top 5 Lifters contributed = 22
Top 5 Draggers contributed = 120
Net = -98
BANK NIFTY WEIGHT LIFTERS & DRAGGERS
Top 3 Lifters contributed = 26
Top 3 Draggers contributed = 228
Net = -222
managed to have its OHLC above 37000.
Some of the Auto stocks managed to stay positive.
), HDFC (NS:
) twins, IT twins have been beaten up badly. Recovery may take a while.
The volatility was very high even though the charts may not reflect the same.
continues to rise even on an EOD basis.
TRADING RANGE FOR 06 JAN 22
Nifty support = 17400-500
Nifty resistance = 17750-800-850-900
Bank Nifty Support = 36000-200
Bank Nifty resistance = 37600-800-38000
INSIGHTS / OBSERVATIONS
- This tweet sums up what was on the cards and what happened as soon as the markets opened:
- Here is an interesting observation re Nifty:
- Yesterday, Bank Nifty lifters had contributed 50%+ of the total gains. Today, they simply switched sides and have contributed the entire fall on EOD basis. This is the power of the trip of HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ), ICICI Bank (NS: ICBK ), and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (NS: KTKM ). It is best to stay on the right side of their moves than against.
- Looks like the big heads of IT are pricing in a not so great Q3 results. Infosys (NS: INFY ) fell 5%+ from its high and TCS (NS: TCS ) fell 3%+ from its recent highs. The previous quarter TCS had registered an ATH just ahead of its results.
- There were 4 gap-up candles of Nifty in a row and it looked like something was hanging in the air and today also it appears to be in the air but on the downside. This can be viewed on the daily charts.
- Nifty’s EOD price is just below the low of 5-1. This indicates that the bears were quite strong in holding Nifty lower even as it was trying to recover with the expiry day pull-up actions.
What do you feel about this?
Here is the link to the video:
Thank you, and Happy Money Making!
Not SEBI registered
The post is for educational & informational purposes only.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.