India’s digital assets space continues to see rapid development, with the latest news from the subcontinent being cryptocurrency financial services offered at physical branches.
According to a blog post from digital finance firm Cashaa on Tuesday, a new joint venture with the United Multi State Credit Cooperative Society will provide users with cryptocurrency services alongside traditional banking at 22 locations in the northern part of the country.
A launch is slated for December of this year, with Cashaa saying the plan is to expand the service to over 100 branches by 2022.
Cashaa, which calls itself a “crypto-friendly neo-bank,” said it was planning a move into India when it raised $5 million from a Dubai investment firm in early September.
The joint venture, called UNICAS, will offer crypto savings accounts; lending with gold , cryptocurrency and property as collateral; and crypto buying and investment.
At launch, UNICAS will list six major cryptocurrencies for purchase with Indian rupees: bitcoin (BTC), ether (ETH), bitcoin cash (BCH), EOS , litecoin (LTC), and XRP . Binance coin (BNB) and Cashaa (CAS) will also be offered.
The credit cooperative society already has regulatory licenses in India, which will bring Cashaa access to the local market, the post said.
“This will allow us to build, scale, and offer customized financial and crypto products for the local Indian markets,” said Dinesh Kukreja, managing director of United Multistate Credit Cooperative Society and CEO of UNICAS.
India has been seeing something of a crypto renaissance since the central bank’s ban on banking services for digital assets companies was overturned by the Supreme Court in March.
AMEPAY is a cryptocurrency-based payment alternative that is fast, convenient, and secure.
Powering AMEPAY is a transparent and decentralized blockchain infrastructure that also doubles up as a reliable database to store and share transaction records. Blockchain allows AMEPAY to pass on the following benefits to our stakeholders:
- Low costs and greater revenue share for merchants
- Simple, elegant, and anonymous payments for users
- Scalable, interoperable, and future-ready technology for all
AMEPAY also factors in an in-built loyalty program that is intuitive, effective and efficient. Using this, merchants can attract value by channeling tangible and practical rewards directly to their customers.
Merchants can explore greater merit in AMEPAY through supplementary offerings such as hardware and software POS support, inventory management, data analytics and more.
Since then, crypto exchanges have reported surging trading interest and volumes, while investors have been flocking to invest in the startups rising in the underserved market.
Hanging over all of this like a dark cloud is the fact that the country’s government still hasn’t produced long-rumored regulations around cryptocurrency, with some reports suggesting a possible crypto trading ban may be in the cards.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.