· Overview: Eris is an Ahmedabad based firm that develops, manufactures and sells branded pharma products from the chronic and acute categories in the Indian pharma market. Revenues for FY17 were Rs. 725 cr. and profit Rs. 242 cr. ERIS’s revenues, EBITDA and PAT grew at 16.6%, 34.7% and 42.8% CAGR in 5 years. Within the growing industry, Eris has a market share of 0.7% achieved in just 10 years of existence. There is certainly ample scope for Eris to grow both market share and absolute revenues. Eris is already growing fast and stands out for the domestic focus, strong marketing & sales, good business relationships with doctors (B2D) and efficient mfg. & procurement giving high margins. At a P/E of 34.25 TTM the valuations in the IPO are high but not aggressive, and justified by Eris’ growth rates.
· Key risks: 1) Pending complaints with the Medical Council of India 2) Adherence to voluntary code of UCPMP 3) We are unsure that Eris will be able to maintain its high growth rates, high procurement of products and subsequently margins
· The IPO opens: 16-20th June 2017 with the Price band: Rs. 600-603 per share.
· Shares offered to public number 2.87 cr. The FV of each is Rs. 1 and market Lot is 24.
· The IPO in total will collect Rs 1,741 cr. while selling 21% of equity. The offer is a complete OFS and the selling shareholders will receive the entire sum. ChrysCapital’s investment arm Botticelli would be exiting by selling its current 16.3% stake. Botticelli’s average cost of acquisition in Eris was Rs 87.27/share giving them 6.9x on their investment in 6 years. The other selling shareholders are individuals who hold around 4-9% stake individually in the company. The promoter & promoter group owns 59.18% in ERIS which will fall to 55.9% post-IPO.
· The IPO share quotas for QIB, NIB and retail are in ratio of 75:15:10.
· The unofficial/ grey market premium for this IPO is Rs. 86/share. This is a positive.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. JM has no stake ownership or known financial interests in Eris Lifesciences or any group company. Punit Jain does intend to apply for this IPO in the Retail category. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an Investment Advisor. Punit Jain is a registered Research Analyst under SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014. JM has been publishing equity research reports since Nov 2012. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at email@example.com.
Add a Comment