yesterday settled up by 2.79% at 26530 as the pink bollworm attack on the cotton crop in Punjab has been found to be much beyond earlier anticipated. Over one-fourth area in the biggest cotton-growing districts of Bathinda and Mansa are disturbed on the count though earlier the attack was felt in around 10-15% area in these districts. Cotton procurement for the 2021-22 Kharif season should commence from the first week of November, Minister for Cooperation and Marketing Balasaheb Patil said.
At a meeting, Patil took the stock of cotton cultivation in Maharashtra. He directed the department to start early cotton procurement from November first week to facilitate timely sale and income for farmers. The directives come in the wake of a delay in the last Kharif season due to the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown, for which procurement centers did not open on time. “Cotton sowing in the current Kharif season was done on 39.37 lack hectares. Last year, it was sown on 42.08 lakh hectares.
The area under cotton sowing has declined by 6.44 percent,” Patil said. Amid high demand and better prices being offered by private players, Punjab has witnessed a 50-fold increase in the arrival of cotton crop at mandis as compared to the figures till September 21 last year. In spot market, Cotton dropped by -90 Rupees to end at 26300 Rupees.
Technically market is under fresh buying as the market has witnessed a gain in open interest by 0.97% to settled at 1876 while prices up 720 rupees, now Cotton is getting support at 25910 and below same could see a test of 25300 levels, and resistance is now likely to be seen at 26880, a move above could see prices testing 27240.
# Cotton trading range for the day is 25300-27240.
# Cotton prices remained supported as the pink bollworm attack on cotton crop in Punjab has been found to be much beyond earlier anticipated.
# Kharif cotton procurement should begin in November: Maharashtra minister
# Amid high demand and better prices being offered by private players, Punjab has witnessed a 50-fold increase in the arrival of cotton crop
# In spot market, Cotton dropped by -90 Rupees to end at 26300 Rupees.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.