About the company:
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) develops, operates, and maintains port infrastructure (port services and related infrastructure development). The company has linked multi-product Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and related infrastructure contiguous to Port at Mundra. The stock is trading at a 20% discount from its 52-week / all-time high level. The 52-week high and 52-week low range is Rs 901 – Rs 312.
One week time frame: (Fig 1)
On the weekly time frame, Adani Ports stock has made a Bullish Pennant pattern. It broke a vital neckline of Rs 677, touched an all-time high of Rs 901, and has now retraced. The scrip has taken support at Rs 677 level. Since June 14 week, the share has consolidated at this support line. The stock's positive bias is also due to the Relative Strength Index (or RSI) line's support at 50; currently, the same is at 54.
Long-term investors should invest at the current level by keeping a strict stop loss of Rs 623 on a weekly closing basis.
One day time frame: (Fig 2)
On a daily time frame, APSEZL stock has been consolidating in a range of Rs 665 and Rs 730. On June 18, 2021, the scrip broke out and took support at Rs 660 multiple times. It has also tested the resistance of Rs 730 many times. On August 24, the share again took support at Rs 660 level and has bounced back to the current level. We can see that this is on the back of above-average volumes. After touching a low of 40 on June 23, RSI has also bounced back to 56. It also indicates positive momentum.
Medium-term investors should only enter when the stock decisively crosses and stays above Rs 730. Maintain strict stop loss at Rs 660 level on the daily closing level. Our view will negate below that level.
We anticipate the stock to maintain positive bias and move northwards. Short-term traders should take a position in the stock with a strict stop loss of Rs 691 on a daily closing basis.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.