- According to Cathie Wood, software vendors will be some of the greatest beneficiaries of the AI boom
- With that in mind, she has turned to these three stocks after selling her stake in Nvidia
- InvestingPro Summer Sale is back on: Check out our massive discounts on subscription plans!
Cathie Wood founded ARK Investment Management back in 2014. She chose the name "ARK" because it stands for Active Research Knowledge and also alludes to the Ark of the Covenant, as she is a devout Christian.
She launched her ETF, ARK Innovation (NYSE: ARKK ), which invests in disruptive innovation companies in developed and emerging markets. The fund was very popular with investors, and it generated strong returns in its early years.
A few months ago, Wood sold her stake in Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA ), which was one of the stocks held in her main funds. The chipmaker was one of Wood's star stocks, and it contributed significantly to the fund's returns. In October, she held 750,000 shares, but by January, she had sold all of her shares.
Wood's comments about the future of artificial intelligence (AI) are worth paying attention to. She believes that software vendors will be the next to benefit from the AI boom, which is being driven by Nvidia. Wood specifically mentioned UiPath (NYSE: PATH ), Twilio (NYSE: TWLO ), and Teladoc (NYSE: TDOC ) as examples of software vendors that are well-positioned to benefit from AI.
In fact, Wood's funds hold all three of these stocks. So, let's take a look at the three stocks using the InvestingPro tool.
Twilio is a company based in San Francisco, California that provides communication tools. These tools allow businesses to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and perform other communication functions using its web service API. Twilio was founded in 2008 in Seattle but moved its headquarters to San Francisco in 2010.
The next results are scheduled to be presented on July 27, and they are expected to be interesting, as are the coming years.
Recently, it has announced a partnership with Frame AI to leverage artificial intelligence to improve customer interaction.
InvestingPro models give it potential at $88.20.
The rally halted due to entering overbought territory and is now approaching early Fibonacci levels, which could potentially cause it to rebound upwards.
2. Teladoc Health
Teladoc is a U.S.-based multinational telemedicine and virtual healthcare company that provides 24/7/365 access via telephone and video consultations. It was launched in 2002, and it has acquired companies such as BetterHelp, Best Doctors, and Advance Medical. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is present in 130 countries.
On April 26, Teladoc presented its earnings , which beat all revenue and EPS forecasts. The company's strong results were driven by the continued growth of its virtual healthcare platform. Teladoc's platform allows patients to connect with doctors and other healthcare providers remotely, and it became increasingly popular during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The next results will be presented on July 26th and the forecasts for this year and next look promising.
Deutsche Bank has set a target price of $29 for this stock, indicating decent upside potential. On average, the market consensus estimates a target price of around $30.
The current support level has proven resilient in the past, as it was successfully defended in January, March, May, and now July.
UiPath is a robotic process automation (RPA) software company that was founded in 2005 by Romanian entrepreneurs. The company started in Bucharest, Romania, and has since expanded to open offices in London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington.
On May 24, 2023, UiPath presented its latest results , which were very good. The company beat both EPS and revenue market forecasts.
The upcoming earnings report, scheduled for September 6, is anticipated to be positive and this trend is expected to continue for the next few years.
The market has shown its support for the company, with Wells Fargo recently giving it a target of $20.
The stock has been increasing steadily since November. However, in early June, it started to head lower, reaching overbought levels. The decline halted at the first Fibonacci level.
Access first-hand market data, factors affecting stocks, and comprehensive analysis. Take advantage of this opportunity by subscribing and unlocking the potential of InvestingPro to enhance your investment decisions.
And now, you can purchase the subscription at a fraction of the regular price. Our exclusive summer discount sale has been extended!
InvestingPro is back on sale!
Enjoy incredible discounts on our subscription plans:
- Monthly: Save 20% and get the flexibility of a month-to-month subscription.
- Annual: Save an amazing 50% and secure your financial future with a full year of InvestingPro at an unbeatable price.
- Bi-Annual (Web Special): Save an amazing 52% and maximize your profits with our exclusive web offer.
Don't miss this limited-time opportunity to access cutting-edge tools, real-time market analysis, and expert opinions.
Join InvestingPro today and unleash your investment potential. Hurry, the Summer Sale won't last forever!
Disclaimer: This article is written for informational purposes only; it is not intended to encourage the purchase of assets in any way, nor does it constitute a solicitation, offer, recommendation, advice, counseling, or recommendation to invest. We remind you that all assets are considered from different perspectives and are extremely risky, so the investment decision and the associated risk are the investor's own.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.